Old 12-02-2006, 12:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Default Forwards request for help

The 409 folk remedy is for insects (scale, mealies and the like). It is not
going to stop Sharry Baby from spotting. The only way to do the latter is
to grow it cool, yet very bright -- or so shady that you don't get good
blooming. Kenni

"danny" wrote in message
.. .
I've actually heard of a (Folk) remedy for this, although I've never tried
it. I'll try to remember to dig through my notes tomorrow (I've got some
sort of illness today that has made my life miserable, hopefully it's one
of the short-term ones.) I remember one of the ingredients was Formula
409, it may have been mixed with alcohol and water. Don't remember the
percentages offhand.
-danny

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Kye,

I believe that your friend is referring to Sharry Baby. Black spots on
the leaves are very common in this hybrid. Not to worry, probably.

Diana