Old 07-03-2003, 09:56 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] nematodes

I've heard of it, but we haven't tested it at the lab. We've

tried
marigolds (they sure were pretty! But they didn't work too

well) and
mustards as green manures (not as effective as we would have

liked).

From everything that I have been able to determine -- from
reading and a little bit of trial and error down here in
bug/nematode/and fungus heaven -- few, if any, of those
companion-plant-as-pesticide-repellant stories are more than old
wives' tales. Just because marigolds smell odd . . .

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - "People,
when Columbus discovered this country, it was plum full of nuts
and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just
about all gone." -- Uncle Dave Macon, old-time musician

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++