Old 07-03-2003, 10:56 PM
Ken Saunders

Default Best Clematis?

"pgiblin" wrote in message ...
May I pick your brains. I have some screening which is about 8' high by
about 12'. I want to grow a colourful climber up against it to further
thicken the screen and give more privacy.

Ideally it must be quick growing, quite thick/bushy and colourful. Is this
too much to ask?

If not, can anyone suggest a suitable variety? They will be planted in
large containers at the foot of the trellis. The aspect is facing south
west.

I am thinking of Clematis but I am open to other possibilities.

Thank you for any advice offered.

Pete Giblin

Hi Pete..Clematis Montana..pink or white. I think "Elizabeth"
is white and quite large.Perhaps a nurseryman could discuss.
Takes about three years to overall cover.Flowers in May
Prune after flowering.Plant slightly deeper than in pot.
You won't be dissapointed..happy gardening Ken.