Old 07-03-2003, 11:32 PM
whiteMemphis

Default where are the wild gooseberries?

"John Savage" wrote in message
om...
.
So I'm left wondering where are all these wild gooseberries growing?
Can't say I've ever heard of such in Australia. I have seen a weed/plant
that grows to about 6' in suburban bushland and which bears a capsule
'lantern' similar to that of the Cape gooseberry but I don't know whether
these would be wild gooseberries. I have torn open some of the lanterns,
hoping for a berry, but all have been empty. :-(

I can tell you where some of them are, my backyard. I planted some seed
afew years ago & now they just grow like weeds.