Old 08-03-2003, 03:08 AM
Samala

Default plants available (FS)

Hi gang,

Have some plants that need to come out of the tank. All were grown in
a 20gal. long with 40 watts of light (mixed daylight and GE
plant/aquarium) so they should do well in any medium lighting
situation, better in high light. Tank chemistry is very acidic and
soft, pH 5.8, gH and kH nil. I do not dose any fertilizers. No
snails! Biggest threat is a wayward Nannostomus beckfordi pencilfish
egg which will not hatch if not in soft water anyway.

So what's available?
~4 5" sections of Hygrophila polysperma, these are NOT individual
stems. I like to take the main stems from my tank and grow them
horizontally in the gravel so the sections have roots and a new stem
growing out of each node. Sections have at least six stems which are
2-3" at the moment. Grows very fast, likes medium light.

~2 golfball sized portions of Java moss

~2 small submersed grown E. parviflorus, aka "compacta swords" aka
"rosette swords".. these stay small, about 4" height so they're a nice
transition plant.

~2 groups of Sagittaria subulata, the dwarfed kind that reaches 2" and
makes for a nice carpet plant.

I'd prefer to send this all together to someone, but I will break it
up if need be. Interested persons or those who have questions..
please EMAIL me at Samalaud at yahoo dot com. Thanks everyone!

Sarah