Old 08-03-2003, 04:08 AM
Tsu Dho Nimh

Default Emergency transplant of bulbs

"Robert Gray" wrote:

In Raleigh NC, I have a nice row of bulbs coming up in a front flower bed.
However, there will be some construction work in that area very soon, and
the bulbs will be covered by 2-3' of dirt. I would like to save the bulbs by
transplanting them to another bed.

The advice that I read tells me to wait until June, but in this case, that
is not possible. Is it OK to dig them up now - before they bloom - and move
them? Any specific steps to take to help them survive?

Take as much dirt as possible with the bulbs.

Make the new spot ready before you start digging them up.

Move them fairly quickly.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both