Old 12-02-2006, 08:29 AM posted to rec.gardens
Snooze

Default Dying mint...

"MaxMustermann" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

Some couple of months ago I cut a number stems from my mint plant and
placed them in water. After a few weeks, white roots started growing.
The intention being to replant the mint in other places.

Well, the first plant I planted grew and is doing fine. I did this
before winter. The next plants I placed in pots (indoors) just died
away. Is it the wrong time of year to do this procedure or am I doing
something wrong?

The problem was you didn't plant the mint in the ground next to the lawn.
Mint knows when it's planted next to the lawn, then it spreads like wild
fire in every direction.

-S