Old 12-02-2006, 08:19 AM posted to aus.gardens
rapdor

Default Why is Nothing Growing

kathleen spencer wrote:

Good Afternoon

I hope you may be able to offer some comments on my lack of success
with my balcony garden.
For nearly two years I have tried growing simple annuals in long
rectangular plastic pots. I have used everything from cheap, to good
trade name potting soil.
Sunshine, good food, water, nothing makes any difference.
I buy strong, healthy seedlings from K-Mart but half don't grow and
those that do, offer four or five blooms then just seem to give up.
I have bought many dozens of plants, in about six different
varieties, all quite simple.
I have noticed that, when in despair, after a couple of months I pull
them out, the roots have just not grown at all.
What am I doing that is wrong ?

Would appreciate your comments.

Kind Regards

Kate (Sydney, Australia)

It could be your karma, that'll do it every time. Think back, have you
ever killed a Chinaman?