Old 13-02-2003, 07:25 AM
gregpresley

Default Poppy Planting

Now would be a good time - late last fall would have been even better. The
trick is you want them to bloom before the onset of really hot weather, and
they need about 2-2 1/2 months of growing time before they bloom after
germination. So it all depends on when the hot weather hits your area (which
I would call highs consistently in the 80's).
"Fleemo" wrote in message
om...
This season I'm going to try my hand at Poppies. I've got both
California poppies and a variety called Pizzicato. Is now a good time
to plant them for gardeners in Zone 9, Northern California? Any
special advice on proper planting? Are they likely to flower the
first year, or should I not expect blooms until next season?

Thanks!