Old 12-02-2006, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
La Puce

Default A wonderful day just tooling around.................................

JennyC wrote:
Ummmmmm. I've met a couple of people in RL that I'd 'met' on the
net..........and it's not always been a pleasure !
It's funny how some people write really well and then turn out to be pretentious
or boring in the flesh!
No names mentioned just in case they come across this post in googles archives
:~))

I've found that it's within the first posts that I know who I'd like to
meet in RL. You quickly get the age of the person, what they like etc.
and if you're going to like them. I've taken part in a few 'meet'. The
first time I was surprised how many bearded men there was! Once I met
someone, a lovely woman, with whom we started off on usenet by talking
about how hard it was to get clothes that fitted us. I didn't know she
was a big girl, nor did she know I was minute. We both assumed the
opposite and when we saw each other for the first time, it was so funny
as we kept saying 'is that *really* you?!' and we got on even more. We
still write to each others )