Old 08-03-2003, 02:23 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Default Soil test??'s

Rusty Mase wrote:
What is a problem here and Victoria has something posted about it here
is the weed and feed products. There was an ad in the paper the other

Agreed. However, I would thing that folks that go through the trouble of
reading a forum like this one, or listen to the radio shows on the weekend
or watch CTG on PBS really are not going to go and buy these products.
Ok, raise your hands those of use who use these things?
Anybody?

Soil nutrient chemistry is a lot more interesting and fun that that.

Indeed! We just planted our 4-inch tomatoes into temporary 1-gallon pots
using Vortex soil, some organic fertilizer, some mineral mix, and dry
molasses. We then watered them with seaweed solution. We'll see how they
do. This is the first time we've started tomatoes this way (we also have
some seeds in 4-inch pots).

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv