Old 08-03-2003, 02:34 PM
Jane Ransom

Default Childproofing garden ponds.

In article , Nick Maclaren
writes

I was more brutal. I left a hot metal kettle on the ground, told
them "hot - don't touch" and didn't stop them. Yes, I was watching
closely, to ensure they didn't pour it over themselves.

Like me and the hot tea!!
Similarly, my toddler was climbing up and down stairs by the time she
was nine months old. I taught her to come down backwards as soon as she
could crawl. It wasn't long before she would turn round, straighten her
body and treat the stairs as a slide - feet first on her tummy. The only
problem was the 'babygrows' - by the time she reached the bottom of the
stairs they were tight round her feet and soon wore into holes ((
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,