Old 08-03-2003, 05:33 PM
Fred Garvin

Default questions from new orchid lover

On Sat, 08 Mar 2003 08:52:19 -0500, Charlin wrote:

I'm hoping for some basic guidance. I have a dendrobium orchid rescued
from the local garden centers "clearance" rack that has finished
blooming. What do I do I can for it now to insure that it will bloom
again? Do I cut anything back? Where can someone go on the web for basic
information such as this? Please advise and thanks very much.

charlotte

Do a Google search on Dendrobiums. Go to the gardenweb Orchid forum and ask away,
LOTS of great help there as well:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/orchids/

It's probably a phal type, bright light (no direct sun), let dry out
between waterings. Feed half the recommended rate every 2 weeks. Try to
provide humidity as well.