Old 12-02-2006, 08:10 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Too Early to put Water Hyacyinth (sp?) Out?

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 06:55:15 GMT, BryanB wrote:

As far as my over-wintered WH, it's jus' in a glass "vase" with a solar
powered water pump to circulate the water around. In a south facing
window and I change the water when I feel like it and when I think of it
and when it looks like it may need it. So far, so good; though, the
leaves are a bit pale. I blame the paleness on lack of proper sunlight
for photosynthesis which is why I wanted to stick it outside....

Guess I'll wait a while before doing it for real...

--Bryan

You might put a betta in the glass vase to give the WH a little fertilizer
(if you don't have fish in there already). That could be why it is
pale. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~