Old 08-03-2003, 06:09 PM
Sharon Hughes

Default Garden Walls

Hi to all

(have been lurking for a while, love gardening but am very hesitant about
'joining' an internet thing). But what I do need is to hear advice from
people that might identify with my present my present dilemma:

a) Courtyard garden walls circa 1900
b) Very unattractive 'peeling paint/white-wash' stage. Have no idea as to
when last painted/white-washed, 20 years I would hazard a guess?

I would love to stay with original type stone but it's north facing and
quite dreary out there, very grey, tones of black! Quotes currently on the
way for rendering and topping off. Question is: Will rendering etc fall
off soon/later due to high content of 'mud/water retaining' type make of
wall??

Just left a gorgeous little oasis I created in a south facing garden,
current project could be a little more difficult though I do enjoy a
challenge .....hmmm. Shaz