Old 13-02-2003, 10:55 AM
Ann

Default Crocuses!!

Madgardener expounded:

your words were good, Paggers. Glad you have little fairy flowers to
lighten your heart up as well. I just wish I could get hold of some
aconite bulbs in bulk to see if I could get a good clump of them in the
late winter as well. The ones I planted melted on me. either the worm
soil was too rich, or it just didn't like where they were (strong east,
southern well draining raised bed on top of my retaining wall)
mid February, closer and closer to spring every day!
madgardener

I've had no luck with aconites, either. I had a patch once that
lasted for two years (all bloomed) but then they dwindled down to
nothing, and were gone completely in another two years.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA