Old 08-03-2003, 06:34 PM
Paul Kelly

Default Childproofing garden ponds.

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Paul Kelly
writes
.

I will take responsibility for my own children. I do not see why I
should take responsibility for other people's.

That's not to say I wouldn't help a child in distress - but I am not
going to fill in my pond in case someone else lets their child wander
round it unattended.

not what I meant! More a case of, if I have young children, I might well be
able to train them to be safe around my pond, but as it is certain that
there will be other children in my garden whom I do not control, it would be
irresponsible of me to have an unprotected pond.

Also, personally, if I had a pond in an area where there are lots of young
children, I would ensure that access to the garden was properly fenced and
locked.

pk