Old 10-02-2006, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default Couch Grass

"Robert" wrote in message

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
:
: In article ,
: "Robert" writes:
: |
: | There used to be a weedkiller available to amateurs that would kill
couch
: | but as far as I know it has long since disappeared. The best way is
carry
: | on as you are, perhaps clearing a foot width each day. The other
alternative
: | is to cover it with something dark for a year and exclude the
sunlight,
: | which will kill it.
:
: There still is. It's glyphosate (Roundup, Tumbleweed etc.) Let
: the couch grass green up to a couple of inches, spray with DILUTE
: glyphosate, and it will die - grasses are very sensitive to it.
: You can wait and repeat, dig over and repeat, or dig over and
: plant.
:
:
: Regards,
: Nick Maclaren.

I see some moron has decided to throw away his dummy with the messages
recently posted!

Yes and unfortunateley for me it's blasted o/e .I forgot to never let o/e
compact messages whilst online--serves me right.

Anyway to our thread ....I never thought of using that weedkiller. There
used to be one that you could mix up and spray in amongst fruit bushes
etc.,
and it only killed grass. You don't know if there's anything like that
around still do you?

There was something but it got the chop for domestic use (I think).
When I have time I will find out more for you.