Old 10-02-2006, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default Distance Learning/Correspondence Courses

The message . com
from "La Puce" contains these words:

/coup de ciseaux/

I was so surprised to learn last Friday at the parents evening, that my
son's French GCSE oral is basically French sentences thrown at him and
he only has to say *in English* what it means. He, like his father, his
dyslexic, and cannot write to save his life, but mumbles behind his
long hair some French 'deep-end approach a la Rusty' I'd imagine, and
get away with it anywhere in France with the other teens he encounters.
My other son is different. He is very like me, wants to know it all,
well, the way it should be, properly, entirely, clearly, in your face
and right now. Good lad )

I had to hold a conversation with one of the examiners (IIRC there were
three of them) and describe a picture in words.

J'ai forgottenai most de it maintenant innit.

Mind you, if my memory is at all elastic, it'll come back on the rebound.

Never mind. If we happen to descend to Jenny's house one of these days,
I'll hold your hand across the channel, don't worry.

Ah - booze-cruise with an ulterior motive?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig