Old 11-02-2006, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Best time to prune Clematis / Jasmin ?

I have a Clematis Montana which didn't flower last year, and a mystery
jasmine which hasn't flowered either last summer or this winter (or
last winter, in fact)...

It said to prune the clematis after it flowered... so I waited as long
as possible to give it a chance to flower, and pruned both of them. Now
they are both quite, er, short, and I'm wondering if it was in fact a
winter jasmine and I've scuppered its chances of flowering!

What do you think, will either of them flower this summer (the clematis
hadn't been pruned in ages, I suspect, nor had the jasmine), or are
they doomed?

Katie the plantkiller...