Old 11-02-2006, 04:18 PM posted to england.rec.gardening,uk.rec.gardening

Default Datura Problems

Ben ..........
Sounds like your plant has gone dormant. Keep it in a cool area and
water very, VERY sparingly as the plant really is not using it and you
do not want to cause root rot.
A little water every 2 or 3 weeks just to keep the root ball from
drying/dieing.
As the days lengthen the growth will pick up and slowly get back to
normal.

What color are the stems of your mystery Dat/Brug ?

Good luck, Shirley ;-)

Ben wrote:
I'm sure it is a Datura, I just tried looking for the seed packet, but I'm
sure it was thrown out months ago. But I'm sure it was this pack from
Thompson & Morgan
http://wholesale.thompson-morgan.com...product/4015/1

"Ann Heanes" wrote in message
Is this Datura or Brugmansia? This sounds normal for a Brug.
Grannie Annie
"Ben" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a Datura (thinks it's Angel's Trumpet) that I've grown from seed,
it's now about 1ft tall, and was doing well. I brought it in for the

winter,
to protect it from the frost. However since then, it has started shedding
leaves, it's down to about 4 or 5 big leaves, but still has new growth on
top, (2 new small leaves are just sprouting). I keep the soil moist but

not
water logged, only watering about once every 3 weeks, I first thought it

was
getting to hot in doors, so moved it into the porch, which is kept quite
cool. I've checked for spider mites and other insects, none seem
apparent.
Could anyone help? Maybe it's not getting enough sun? Or to much?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Ben