Old 12-02-2006, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default Any suggestions?

"Rupert" wrote in message ...

"Gardening_Convert" wrote in message
oups.com...
I agree we have a Fatsia Japonica growing happily in a fairly shady
spot and doesn't need any maintenance.

Grows pretty quickly as well to fill any space and I believe they have
white flowers at some point although our hasn't done so yet !

That appears to be three votes for the best easy exotic looking plant.
Once it achieves your desired height you can lop off the top, it then looks
a bit stupid for a few weeks but will flush out with loads of new very light
green growth.
The fluorescent white flowers are a bonus, very strange and alien . There
is also a variegated form but I do not know if it performs as well.

There is a variegated form which I have yet to try .

Make that four votes - but my variegated one died :~(
Jenny