Old 12-02-2006, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default Best time to prune Clematis / Jasmin ?

In article ,
K wrote:

I think we must just be a lot warmer than you. It's not just mine that
is in flower - they're all over the place. We're more W than you and
higher up - both will have some effect. Do you get very cold nights
followed by warmer days, or is your jasmine in the sun (is it alternate
freezing and thawing that is the problem?), or conversely, do you have
longer cold-all-day periods than us? Nominally, we've been going up to
anything up to 8 deg C in the day time, but the ponds have remained
frozen.

It was in the sun, yes. I have grubbed it there, and planted some
elsewhere (in a sunless corner), but it will take a year or two to
establish.

Other than that, I think that our temperatures are similar.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.