Old 13-02-2006, 05:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Jack

Default How much night time temp difference do you need?

I have 3 phals, 7 cats, 2 dend and various other species (19 in all) in
an enclosed shelving unit with a watering system. This solved my
humidity problem, but I don't know if all my orchids are enjoying their
new enviroment.

all my phals are in spike, one of my cats (bl. golden Glory) just
bloomed, but only lasted 3 weeks. One of my brassavola is in bloom. I
have a cheep room heater in the bottom of the stack to keep the temp
above 60F.

Also, I was away for 3 weeks and my father-in-law looked after my
orchids, they are in s/h and are primarly watered by misters, they all
are withered now, how long will it take for them to flesh back out (oh
I installed a secondary drip system after I came home, was alittle
****ed, guess I should be happy that they are still alive)

Jack