Old 13-02-2006, 07:37 AM posted to aus.gardens
kathleen spencer

Default Why is Nothing Growing

Yes, I must say some have been pot-bound and some languishing but then with
the "healthy" looking ones, three or four out of one punnet will grow long
enough to produce a few flowers and the rest just sit and sulk.

The seeds I planted were so weak and fragile that after about 8 weeks they
could hardly stand up.
I think I have to accept that when it comes to flowers I am sudden death.
I will try tomatoes as was suggested.

Many thanks.

Kind Regards

Kate (Sydney, Australia)

"Chookie" wrote in message
news:ehrebeniuk- "kathleen spencer" wrote:

My first thought is that I have NEVER EVER seen a strong healthy seedling

in a
K-Mart. I have seen a lot of horribly pot-bound ones (apart from the ones
that just haven't been watered, and then there were the ones that had been

in
a/c and were freezing to death!). When you plant your seedlings, are

there
lots of roots showing around the edges when you take it out to plant? Is

the
plant taller than the punnet is deep?

Try some seeds instead. Bear in mind that the wind/sun/shade problems on
balconies tend to make them very harsh environments.