Old 13-02-2006, 11:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Jack

Default Catt Blooms and Show Stress

Your right about the phals, I lost an emerging second spike from one of
my larger plants, other wise fine.

My catts were and agncm.s were the ones that were withered, I have them
in s/h pots that keep water for 4 - 10 days depending on humidity and
plant, my father-in-law says that he ran the misters once a day - just
not for the 2-5 minutes required, oh well they survived

The lack of water could have been a contributing factor for the short
bloom on the Blc. the plant is young, and in a growth cycle (2 new
psudobulbs) I guess that I get to look forward to the next bloom.

I was really concerned about my minis, but after just a day I can see
them already fleshing out.

thanks
Jack

Ps. I have yet to get to a show ( I live in Anchorage AK, the weather
isn't very good for one now) BUT all my mail order have arrived in good
condition (orchids.com and Andysorchids.com)