Old 14-02-2006, 02:56 AM posted to rec.ponds
Wilmdale

Default Wintering plants inside

~ janj wrote:

If you have wintered over bog lily, taros, palms, etc. this is a good time
to add wind. Wait till there is a new leaf coming up, trim off the old and
start using an oscillating fan to stimulate stronger stems. They should
endure spring winds outside by doing this. ~ jan

--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

What if you cut them back just before putting them out and allow the new
growth to grow up outside? That is what I plan to do with my plants
that survived over wintering inside. Of course, here in Colorado
Springs, we are still looking at about 8 more weeks of very chilly and
unpredictable weather and temperatures.
W. Dale