Old 14-02-2006, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gwynedd Lawn Doctor

Default Turf recommendations

There are many good turf companies out there as there are bad but if you use
the large national companies you can't go wrong e.g.. Rolawn, Sovereign
Turf, Inturf to name just a few that I have personally used.
Don't forget the main thing about laying the lawn is about getting the
preparation right get that wrong then you will have years of problems.
If you are unsure then get a professional in to do the work. There are many
cowboys out there check out their qualifications look for a turfculture
qualification with experience in groundsmanship or like myself greenkeeping.
Good Luck Steve Gwynedd Lawn Doctor
"carps" wrote in message

Hi - hope someone can help!

I'm not much of a gardener (or haven't been in the past due to my
frankly tiny garden) but I'm just about to move into a bigger house and
the lawn is a bit of a mess. I've got a young son and I'd like him to
enjoy the garden in future so I'm thinking about laying a new lawn.

So... am I best off laying my lawn myself? I've seen a company (Rolawn)
who sell turf online (http://www.rolawndirect.co.uk/) that one of my
more gardening-centric friends tells me is pretty good. There's an
online turf-laying guide there which makes it all look pretty easy, but
am I letting myself in for loads of problems or should I just get a
professional landscaper in (given my track record of killing things!)

Thanks in advance for any help and advice!

--
carps