Old 14-02-2006, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins

Default Spud newbie: planting timetable

wrote in message
ups.com...
Spud newbie seeks advice on planting timetable.

I was planning on buying some seed potatoes now and starting them off
"chitting", with the idea being to plant out in early March.
Some questions:
* How long does chitting take?
* Is early March too soon to plant, because of the danger of frost
damage? Location is Yorkshire.

In Ireland, Paddy's Day (March 17th) was the supposed latest to plant out by
but you might get a lot more frost in Yorkshire than we do. If no one else
replies, wait until later March to plant. Otheriwse, I have only planted
spuds once so I will happily bow to better advice.

Des

Thanks,
Bruce