Old 14-02-2006, 08:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
danny

Default Z mackayi

The AOS is now using the Kew Monocot Checklist to determine species names.
The Kew Monocot Checklist shows Z. maculatum as the accepted name. That's
pretty much the end of the story. If you have any questions about an award
you received, you should contact the chair of the judging center that gave
the award.
-danny

"Pat Brennan" wrote in message
Last Nov I received a CCM for a Zygo mackayi. I just received the bill
from AOS and the plant is listed as Z maculatum. My version of wildcat
does not even show maculatum as a valid Zygopetalum species. Does any one
know if the name on the bill is right (taxonomist at work) or is just a
clerical error? If it is a clerical error, do I call AOS, the head of the
judging center, or the head judge for the show? Kenni, I feel your pain.

Thanks,
Pat