Old 14-02-2006, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jupiter

Default plastic compost bin & aeration

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 20:28:42 +0000, Rhiannon Macfie Miller
wrote:

Steve Harris wrote:

Yes, I empty my dalek into an old coal bunker after about 4 months.
Compost is ready in 7-9 months.

How do you empty your dalek? I can just about fit a spade through the
tiny hatch at the bottom of mine, and bring it out with a small amount
of compost on it. It's flimsy enough that I get the feeling it would
crack if I tipped it over.

Rhiannon

I find the best thing is one of those 'claws'. Ram it in hard. twist
and turn it, loosen the compost then use a fork to drag it out. Only
then does the spade come into play for lifting the compost.