Old 15-02-2006, 01:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default Couch Grass

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:
The message
from "doug" contains these words:

I decide to leave everything in the garden for the next incomer and
I would
start all over again in the new house.
We shifted in the morning but in the middle of the afternoon I discovered
I'd left a small bag of tools in the downstairs toilet at the house we'd
shifted from,
I went back to get it and guess what I found.
There was not one plant to be seen, - the whole lot had disappeared.

LOL. Years ago, a neighbour of mine heard the wrong removal-date on
the grape vine. So, we were still living there when she turned up at
dawn and started excavating my plants from the open-plan front garden.

Was she embarrassed when I opened the front door to wish her good
morning :-)

When my then SO and I moved into a rented house in Monifieth we found
that the previous incumbents (allegedly devout JWs, Closed Bretheren or
something similar) had taken all the light bulbs, all the curtain rails,
all the 13A plugs which a considerate council had provided with the
property when new, all the small bathroom fixtures like toilet-roll
holder, rail, mirror, etc, and most of the plants in the garden had
gone, as well as the gravel from the path...

Good thing we thought it was funny! I must say, I was a bit miffed as
they knew very well we'd be fairly late in the day moving in, and had a
four-year-old in tow.

Imagine the glee when spring came and we found they'd missed half a
dozen bulbs! Carine wouldn't hear of me digging them up and taking them
round to their new address.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig