Old 15-02-2006, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cliff_the_gardener

Default eggs

The hens we got were at end of lay; they were ex battery cage. The
eggs they layed to start with where either very thin shells or on
shells, just membrane. Once they were out side learning to scrat
around in the grass and pick things up they did some round. Thye did
have their grit and in our case you could see they needed it. Once
they started to lay their shells were irregular - heavy bands of shell
and where quite hard. It was good to see them recover, looked a good
bird, even if it was just a regular brown job.
Clifford
Bawtry, Doncaster, South Yorkshire