Old 16-02-2006, 03:22 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst

Default Eating our Holly Bushes

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Chas Hurst" wrote in message
. ..

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message
I didn't think any wildlife would mess with holly bushes - but guess what
!! Some little devil has started nibbling away - first the berries and
then the leaves. Finally identified the culprits -- wild turkeys. Nor
sure if they have cast iron stomachs or are just dumb.

Actually they are just hungry. At this time of the year there's not much
left to eat. Your hollys are near the bottom of their list.

Hollys are sticky and prickly and even poisonous to some - shouldn't be on
anybody's list.

I know. Holly is not on my list fursure. I get turkeys in my yard
occasionally and they always do something bad.