Old 16-02-2006, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

Default plastic compost bin & aeration

I've been looking at those link-a-bord constructions.
(http://www.linkabord.co.uk/

I saw the adverts in Gardening News.

They do compost bins as well as supplying boards for raised beds etc.
Would the twin walled plastic be okay for a bin? I was thinking that if
I stand it on wire mesh (upturned all round) it would be rat proof.
It also wouldn't rot as fast as my pallet built bins do !
Would they be too airtight for good compost?
Not sure I'd put flowers on top of lid as I would have to move them
every time I filled the bin up but it seemed a better idea than a bin
that my dogs can dig and that rats might get into.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association