Old 16-02-2006, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Signatures

On 16/2/06 16:28, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article , writes:

| However it is polite to include it for those of us who still use programs
| which recognise and use it. It's hardly onerous to add it.

And it is impolite to send it to the people who don't. It is
hardly onerous to remove it.

It was and is an utterly and totally brain-dead idea, which flew
in the face of every accepted convention on Email, was incompatible
with MOST editors and MOST mailers, was rejected every time it was
proposed, and was sneaked into an RFC on something else by its
demented author.

Ahem. Perhaps we could get into the niceties of the more arcane rules of
the Internet or the WWW or whatever it may be, later. Just for now, perhaps
explaining how sig files are created would help those interested in helping
urg to help them. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk