Old 16-02-2006, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rhiannon Macfie Miller

Default Municipal compost: spread of disease?

Our local council has been running a garden waste collection system for
some time, and has recently started making the compost therefrom
available for collection. I like the idea of free compost, but I'm a
little worried about whether I'll end up inflicting someone else's nasty
plant diseases on my garden if I use it. Is there much chance of that
happening, or is there some sort of regulation about sterilising compost?

Rhiannon