Old 18-02-2006, 02:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
Timothy

Default A Budding new Business

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:43:53 -0800, Chuckie wrote:

Sorry about the triple post I think my computer has a problem. Timothy I
made some changes to my site I am having problems with the picture
though and I will try to have fixed by next week. if you could look at
and tell me what you think now I would appreciate it. Thanks Chuckie in
the Frozen North, Zone 5
www.freewebs.com/allianceproduce/

The update is way better Chuckie. Much easier to read and the background
color is way nicer. If I understand things correctly, your using freeweb's
templates? There is nothing wrong with that , but the templates leave out
some important details. Two of those would be these :

meta name="keywords" content=""
meta name="description" content=""

If there is some way to input something into these fields, the more likely
you will be able to be found on the search engines.

Keywords are the words that are put into a search engine to find your
site. For you, words like orgainc, alliance, ohio, produce...etc. The hope
would be if someone put the words (alliance produce) in to a search
engine, your site would come up. What ever words you choose, try to use
those words in your page's text also.

Description is where you write a short blurb about what your site is
about. just for giggles, lets say this was your description: "Alliance
Produce is a budding new company ready to serve the Alliance Ohio area."

The quoted text above is what people would see under your page's title on
the search engine listing.

I highly suggest that you purchase a true DNS (dot com) address. You will
get better listing in search engines and it will be much easier for
customers to get your page. I would assume that you could care less about
global vistors, so I would assume that you'll advertise the business and
web page locally. Adverts in the local free papers, pay for adspace in the
local newspaper, glue a sign on the back of your car... however you do it,
you'll want people to remember your address. Just so you know,
allianceproduce.com is still advalible. 8 dollars a year for the .com
address and 10 dollars a year for dns hosting, will be some of the best
money you can spend for advertising.

When your ready to open, you should put a link to maquest or some other
map service, with a map to where your located. It will be well worth your
time.

Btw, I grew up in-between Stupidville....ummm,eh, Stubenville and Weirton,
WV. glad I'm somewhere a whole lot warmer than it is there! lol.

--
http://resources.ywgc.com/