Old 18-02-2006, 02:52 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Fountains & Ponds, even humidifiers

"Mama Bear" wrote in message
"Koi-Lo" wrote :

wrote in message
"Koi-Lo" wrote:
"Mama Bear" wrote in message

===================
I love those tabletop "misters" they're selling in the
stores around here for $39 and up. The wisps of vapor are
so relaxing to watch. Because of the humidity from all the
tropical plants and aquariums, I haven't bought one.

Some years back, I had bought a couple of the misters that
screwed onto the
end of a garden hose. Misting over the pond area, under the
sunscreen, here
in LA, on a really hot day, reduced the temp nicely. Made
sitting there with a brewski, watching the fish, quite
comfortable.

=================
The summer humidity here is such that something like that
would probably make us more uncomfortable. The small dish
misters for indoors would be fine for someone in a desert
climate. Or for someone with excessively dry air in their
homes in winter. They sure are pretty to look at. :-)

But do they get minerals in the air and put a white film on
everything?

I would imagine if you have minerals in your water they will settle out
around the mister. An alternative would be to use distilled water.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952