Old 18-02-2006, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave the exTrailer

Default eggs

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:20:49 -0000, Rusty Hinge 2
wrote:

The message
from Dave the exTrailer contains these words:

/bantam/

Mine used to get me from Essex to somewhere near Brighton in less than
two hours.

Ahhaaa your age is showing now.
I on the other had had an NSU Quickly

It was D1 Bantam, I'll have you know - no rear suspenson...

NSU Quickly was a good bike. One of my colleagues had one and it would
get to 60mph. I wouldn't turn one down now. The barrels were very
'before their time' being cast aluminium or magnesium alloy, with ground
and back-etched chromium plated bores. No iron liner.

I sold mine to a neighour in the late 60's. He was still using it up
to around 5 years ago when he died.
Im actually tempted to go and see his widow and ask if I can buy it
back.