Old 19-02-2006, 09:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Gillingham

Default How many forum members does it take to change a light bulk

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 13:52:38 +0100, Reka wrote:

In article ,
says...
~On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:49:55 +0100, Reka wrote:
~
~In article ,
~says...
~
~~
~~There was just a study done on how insulting most email/chat humor is
~~to most of the readers. Seems 70% of the 'humor' applied to email
~~comes across as insult to the readers. Our group does very well in
~~crossing culture, gender barriers with a very low insult rate...
~~unless of course someone intentionally roars from the cave.
~
~Okay, Sue, I , as a Neandertal, take umbrage at that cave remark!
~;-)
~--
~Oh Reka, that wasn't really a "roar from the cave". It was more like a squeak
~from a "murky old niche in the wall". Can anyone place the quote?
~Dave Gillingham
~To email me remove the .private from my email address.
~
Oh goodness, here comes that over-literate again! ;-)
I only got it by googling, but the tone should have been enough to give a
general direction!
Watch out, you may offend SuE in saying she lives in a hole in the wall.
--

Hopefully no offence taken. Sorry (but only sort of) about over-literate, but
the quote seemed relevant in the context. And it's a poem I like, with its dark