Old 19-02-2006, 05:06 PM posted to bionet.plants
alfred e newman

Default [Plant-biology] unidentified seed pod

caltrop?

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 23:32:58 -0500, Yoav Bergner
wrote:

I apologize for the photo mishap, now posted he
http://www.gammafive.com/thepod/

Thanks for references from some respondents, although I still haven't
found it. I know two people who have collected similar pods, one in
Brooklyn on the harbor and one in Kingston NY on the Hudson river.
In the latter instance, I'm told the shore was littered with them.

Yoav.

On Feb 17, 2006, at 12:59 PM, Yoav Bergner wrote:

Hi,
New to the list, and I hope this is not an inappropriate request,
but I'm trying to identify a seed pod that a colleague of mine
found on the beach. It's quite beautiful, about 1 inch by 1.5
inches; here are some pictures.
Thanks,
Yoav

+