Old 20-02-2006, 01:05 AM posted to rec.ponds
chuckie

Default Pond Question

Hi all I am new and though it is early in the year I am thinking about
ponds.
I work on a very large estate and have the responsibility of taking
care some small man made ponds. Fish used to habitate these pond but
the racoons in the area will eat the fish. So for the last three years
the ponds have just been filled with plants.
Now these are pond with no shade except for the plants that grow in
them. The one is only about three ft deep and the other is about four
ft.
Is there any way to keep the coons away and what type of fish would be
suited best for these ponds.
Thanks in advanced.
Chuckie in the thawing north, zone 5