Old 19-02-2006, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown

Default Sowing foxgloves in the Spring.

Chris Bacon wrote:

I've found a jam-jar with some foxglove seed in, from last year. What's
my best bet for growing plants from the seed? I have an empty room in
the house, if that's of any use, with south-facing French Windows. This
room is not directly heated. Should I use some sort of bought compost
or compound to sow them in trays? Inside, outside? I have no idea what
the best contitions might be, but I'm very keen to give these the best
chance I can. Any ideas?

Throw some (a small amount) where you want them to grow and hoe out the
surplus.

It is almost impossible to grow foxgloves and not have more than enough
self seeded plants the following year to qualify as a minor weed. But
because they are biennial it is much less of a problem.

If you can't grown foxgloves you should give up on gardening!

Regards,
Martin Brown