Old 20-02-2006, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins

Default Halls Greenhouse - replacement for broken glass

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
news
Hi,

I have moved into a house with a Halls greenhouse where quite a few of the
panes of glass are broken.

I will need some of the 'S' clips which link the panes vertically - are
these a standard item or a speciality of Halls?
Likewise the 'W' spring clips which hold the glass to the frame.

Both of those seem to be standard. Every greenhouse I have seen seems to
have them. In Ireland, you can order them on-line from greenhouse supply
companies. I am sure you can get them easily in UK.

Do I just go to a local glass company and buy more horticultural glass, or
is there a cost effective alternative e.g. plastic.

The panes normally come in standard sizes. Whether they do or not any glass
company will cut them to size and it is fairly cheap.

TIA

Dave R