Old 20-02-2006, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
p.k.

Default dead cordyline leaves

Des Higgins wrote:
our garden is covered in dead Cordyline leaves. I have tried
shredding them with a small shredder and they simply tangle and jam
it. I also tried running over them with a petrol mower and same
happened. I tried composting and they emerge after 6 months looking
the same as when they went in. Anyone got any recipes? Can you smoke
them? Could I build an extension or line the chimney with them?

Des

use tham as the bottom layer of a new bin of compost - they will rot down in
time - mine do!

pk