Old 09-03-2003, 12:21 AM
Polar

Default Dirt

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 21:37:36 -0700, "Dwayne" wrote:

Might want to add sand to it. Compost I have used straight has kept water
from soaking in. It just stood on top until it finally soaked in. It also
keeps roots wet on plants more than when mixed with sand. Maybe your soil
will eliminate the problem, but it didn't for me. Dwayne

Surprised to read this, as compost is generally so "loose" that it
needs soil added to give plants a foothold. So water would soak in
even faster than in all-dirt.

Was it your home-made compost, or store compost, or?

"Marley1372" wrote in message
If it has 50% compost, why would you need to condition it further?

Toad

--
Polar