Old 09-03-2003, 12:57 AM
Cathy

Default Elephant Ears

They get BIG. At least 5 ft high. Big leaves. I could stand naked
behind one leaf. I would space them at least 6 ft.

They are great for macro photos.

http://www.members.tripod.com/eyecandygirl/index.htm

http://www.members.tripod.com/eyecan...teardrop1w.htm ~~~

Cathy

TakeThisOut wrote:
I bought them at Home Depot for 5.99 or 6.99 each. They're the size

of large
coconuts or slightly larger than a cantelope, and about as heavy.

Package says
the plants will grow 6-7' tall and just as wide, spacing 3-4'.

I bought them in bulk from a grower in Florida. If I remember correctly
I purchased 20 and the total bill was $60. If I can find the grower's
name and number I will forward.

Cathy

Frog Dan wrote:

Hi,
I got a couple of new tubers on Thursday, but they are only as big a
larger potato - NOT the 8 -10 inches mentioned - WOW. And yes, these

have a
pointy end that is obviously the top because one already has a

little green
sprout growing. Let's see...... my tubers cost $2.99 each and are a

little
over 3 inches in diameter - What did you pay for the 8-10 diameter

ones?

Dan

"Cathy" wrote in message

TakeThisOut wrote:

The cut off end faces the sky.

Thank you!

You're welcome.

Yes, the package mentioned that. So now I must dig these and the

Cannas

up...

Do these plants duplicate? When I dig them up, will I have 2 or more

bulbs

where I once planted 1?

They will have smaller 'off-shoots' from the main bulb. AFTER drying
them out over the winter, you can break it up. Smaller leaves on the
smaller bulbs..got it?

Cathy

--
.... __~o
.. \ -\,

te amo mucho mi amor

--
.... __~o
.. \ -\,

te amo mucho mi amor

Subject: Elephant Ears

lobby!ngtf-m01.news.aol.com!ngpeer.news.aol.com!news.cis.ohio-state.edu!n

ewsfeed.berkeley.edu!ucberkeley!hammer.uoregon.edu !arclight.uoregon.edu!wn

13feed!worldnet.att.net!bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net.POSTED!not-for-mail

From: Cathy
Newsgroups: rec.gardens