Old 21-02-2006, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default North facing wall climbers ??

In article , Rupert wrote:

It is nearly always deciduous in my garden and by the time it actually
flowers the leaf growth is so great that the flowers are not that
noticeable.

Similarly in mine, but the leaves aren't all that dense, either.

Perhaps by the time I do notice them its already done it's stuff a month or
two earlier :-)

Perhaps.

Incidentally found this remark somewhe-
For large infestations, use of a labelled systemic herbicide, such as
glyphosate (e.g., Roundup) is probably the most effective method to control
akebia.
I have always treated it as something precious.

Like many plants, it grows in the UK, but needs warmer weather to
really thrive - including becoming a pest. We are right at the
limit of the temperate zone (despite being often misclassified as
warm temperate, based on winters alone).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.