Old 21-02-2006, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default Mea culpa!

The message
from "Rupert" contains these words:
"Sacha" wrote in message
id...

Having said merrily that our Akebia quinata is in flower now, I have to
retract speedily. Growing up the same pillar is a Clematis nepalensis
whose
stamens are the same colour as the Akebia flowers. Dashing past it the
other day, I thought "Oh, the Akebia is flowering", having glanced
all-too-hastily at the Clematis nepalensis stamens in my rush. Sorry for
misleading Rupert and giving him the vapours!
OTOH, I must heartily recommend the C.nepalensis which is delicately
beautiful and best of all, perhaps, flowering now!

God that's a relief. Unfortunately I have just spent the last six hours
looking for property in your area:-) Job cancelled I will stick with
Yorkshire and you will not have the problem ( pleasure) of having me as a
neighbour

Hatches cunning plan: Next-door neighbours' house is for sale. Lifts
photo of planter and of Akebia quinata in full bloom from catalogue and
photograph neighbour's garden, making sure the snowdrops and winter
aconites show, in front of the leafless poplars at the end.

Do a bit of snazzy cloning, send you the resulting pic and we'll have
you buying next-door's place. Then I can provide you with all the Ransom
seeds you could possibly want innit.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig